A CALL FOR ORIGINAL COMPOSITION
We are openly looking for new, original compositions to be performed by Arte Mandolinistica in the concert.
Osaka Concert 2021 “Arte’s Challenge Vol.5”
(February 28, 2021 Toyonaka Performing Arts Center Main Hall)
Terms & Conditions for Application
- No restriction on composer age, nationality or experience.
- Applicants can only submit one composition that is unpublished and unperformed.
- Performance time ±10 minutes (Suites is also acceptable).
- Instrumentalization for the usual 6-instruments mandolin orchestra arrangement (Mandolin 1, Mandolin 2, Mandola Tenor, Mandoloncello, Guitar, Contrabass) or 7-instruments mandolin orchestra arrangement including Mandolone. No wind instruments or percussion to be included in the works.
- The number of performers in the mandolin orchestra will be around 50 people.
- Deadline for admission is October 31, 2020. Either send PDF data via e-mail or send printed sheets via post. Music sheets for each instrument are also required.
- All submitted works will be played as part of the selection process. The winner will be decided by voting and consultation with all orchestra members.
- The announcement of the program will be made on our homepage on December 1, 2020.
- The application fee is free.
- There will be a 50,000 yen reward for all works selected for the program. Please be advised that we may include some small revisions to the works selected after selection and this is to be allowed.
- Copyright and publishing rights shall be held by the composer after the premiere. The release of the recording and the release on YouTube will be made only after consultation between the composer and the organizer.
- After the application, the selected works are not to be played by other orchestras until the premiere for any reason. All rights of unselected works are returned to the composer and there will be no restriction on performance.
Address:1-478 Fukakusasujikaibashikita Fushimi-ku,Kyoto-shi, Kyoto-fu 612-0869 Japan